Friday, May 27, 2011

And the word is... Creep

So sit back for a moment and let me tell you a little story...

Tonight, I went out for dinner at a Mexican store. I know what you're thinking, "Oh... he means 'restaurant', right?" No. I mean store. It is seriously a little hole in the wall Mexican grocery store with a small eatery in the back. Delicioso! However good it was though, that isn't what my story is about...

After I left dinner, I decided to go to the mall. Granted, good ol' Fashion Square mall in Charlottesville, Virginia would never be my first choice, but I had to hang around the area and had a gift card. DUH! After I get some things in JCP, I decided to walk around for the last 15 minutes the mall was open. As I'm walking along, I look up to see this creepy, middle-age, ball cap wearing, mustache sporting, ginger smirking as he walked towards me. Just as we got about 5 or 6 feet from each other, he says "Oh hello..." Not wanting to be rude, I replied "Hello" with a polite smile as I continued by. Unfortunately, I was so concerned with being polite that I didn't give him the chance to finish. So, as I said my "Hello", I grimaced as he finished his thought "..., Handsome."

WHAAAT???? I almost fell over. I couldn't even turn around to shoot him a look or scoff at him. My brain froze and my feet kept walking... quicker.

Whew! I'm glad that is over. Unfortunately, that nasty baseball jersey, mom-jeans wearing, pale as baby powder ginger timed it just right and as I made my way back around the corner to leave - 15 minutes later mind you - he was also returning. Wonderful.

So as he walks past and undresses me with those beady little eyes, he chimes up. "So, what do you have going on?" I turn around, "I'm sorry?" After he repeats it, I told him I was just killing some time and hoped he had a good night. As I backed away (mind you we were about 8-10 feet apart) he says he couldn't hear me... AND STARTS TO MOVE CLOSER TO ME!!! I just calmly began to walk backwards as I repeated myself. He sped up. So did I. Then the question... the question. "So you wanna do something?" I couldn't help it... I caved... and by caved I mean I burst out laughing "Excuse me??" "You wanna do something?" I took so much pleasure in answering, "Nah, man. Nah." "You sure?" "*chuckles* Yyyeah man. Definitely not. Good luck with that though." "Aw are you s..." "Yeah. I'm sure". *End Scene*

I mean really??? Do people actually answer "Yes' to something like that?? I mean, to each his own, but that's just a bit much. I ain't easy, I ain't sleazy, and I sure as heck ain't going to say yes to a nasty, shady, baseball jersey, mom-jeans wearing, mustache sporting, pale as baby powder, smirking ginger in the mall asking me if I want to do something. Yes! I actually I DO want to do something... I want to run away from you as fast as I can!

Ew!

Since the video isn't working, I encourage you to click here for a great song, that is rather fitting!





Disclaimer: I have absolutely nothing against pale people, gingers, those who choose to wear mom jeans and/or baseball jerseys, middle-aged individuals, men, mustaches, beady eyes, or smirking. The problem comes when these things are all combined into one lump of nastiness looking to "do something".

1 comment:

  1. This WOULD happen to you, man. Song is excellently à propos.

    ReplyDelete