Monday, January 17, 2011

And the word is... Photo

Well, to date, my post of photography is one of the favorites. So, as promised, I'm going to keep sharing work as long as you all want it. However, I learned a valuable lesson last time: If I post all of my pictures in one post, you won't keep coming back for more! Only kidding!.....sort of.



So this photo was taken back in November 2010 up on the Blue Ridge Parkway of good ol' Virginia. It was an unplanned day trip just to check out the last bit of Fall colors. There wasn't much left at all, but I did snag this shot. It reminds me more of a barren desert than of the mountains, but either way, I like it. There is just something about the one, lonely tree that still refuses to fall. The rocks along the side...... I really don't know what it is about this picture that I like.... it just says something to me. I hope it does the same for you!

Please feel free to share your thoughts!


2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing picture. Do you really know how talented you are? Or have I told you that before?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! I agree, it looks sort of like a desert, but because it isn't, it has a liveliness and richness to it that is an unusual contrast. Can't wait to see more!

    -Julia A.

    ReplyDelete