Thursday, January 13, 2011

And the Word is... Poetry

So by now, you know I enjoy dabbling in photgraphy and singing a bit. Another hobby of mine is poetry. I haven't written anything in a while, so I figured I'd share some of my older stuff with you all.

In February 2010, life had me at a point where I was so down and out. I was at my rope's end. Fortunately for me, there were  a couple people who reminded me that even though I had no length left in it, I still had that rope. So long as I held on for dear life and gathered the strength to pull myself up a little at a time, I would be okay. That time and those people inspired this poem. It talks about a very familiar friend and/or enemy that we all share. The tear.


Oh, Tear
You could be like a mud slide
You could be a like flood.
You could come when I feel like crud,
Or when joy flows from deep inside.

Who can stop you from doing what you do?
Only the maker, that much is true.

After a days work in the sun,
You may refresh me with your run.
At night, it could be you to moisten my pillow,
To make me like a Weeping Willow.

But who is there to see your stains,
For in the morning, none of you remains.

You're not always sad though,
For this I have seen.
You often make manifest
When I feel so mean.

The steam builds up like never before,
To blow you out of that teeny pore.

Then there are times when you're a welcomed guest,
A quick glimpse into life's eternal quest,
To find happiness and joy in the things we do,
And then realize we've made it because of you.

Those are the times we like you around,
For you're here with a smile, not a frown.

Oh, Tear, from mine eye you did appear
In a time of sorrow.
Now I am stronger and here, oh Tear,
Is your invitation for tomorrow.

You are welcome to come and stop by anytime,
But never forget this life is mine.
When I say it is time to go,
You better listen and from my face, flow!

Your time is through,
This is true.
So see you some other time,
For you're guilty of a crime.

You stole my life for a little while,
And now must pay the price.
For now I have on a smile,
And you'll melt like ice.

So I will see you around, Tear from mine eye,
For now is not my time to cry.
Adios, au revoir, and अलविदा too
Because I'm all better, and not so blue.
Jason Elliott, 2010
Copywright 2011





No comments:

Post a Comment