Tuesday, November 30, 2010

And the word is: Jeep

So we had just gotten back from one of the busiest Thanksgiving breaks I can remember. From Charlottesville to Chesapeake on Tuesday night. Then on Thursday, from Chesapeake to Winchester. Then Saturday, Winchester back to Charlottesville. That's not counting all the driving in the other cities too. All in all, it was probably just over 1,000 miles worth of driving.

So at about 2:15am on Saturday (well, I guess technically Sunday), we pull up to Home Sweet Home, grab just what can fit in our tired arms (i.e. dog, laptops, overnight bags, etc) and leave the rest (i.e. games, kennel, food, etc) until the morning.

Around 10:15am on Sunday, it was time to head to the airport to pick up a friend of mine. Just after leaving, I go to put something in the backseat. What came next? "STOP THE TRUCK! PULL OVER! SOMEONE BROKE INTO MY TRUCK!"

Yes, ladies and gents, someone broke into my Jeep. More accurately, they cut into my Jeep. My beautiful 2005 Jeep Wrangler Limited Edition has a new addition to her. There's a nice slash in the back window about 12" long and 6" high. I thought I was going to pass out.

We searched and searched, but nothing was gone. They must have been interupted or something. I got a visit from a lovely police officer who couldn't have cared le... umm... I mean who was deeply concerned and obviously loved her job. She even wrote down my claim number for me!! ......right on the registration to my truck.

Luckily, I'm in the process of getting a new one which State Farm has so kindly agreed to pay. So, hopefully, by this weekend, my truck will be back to complete.

You should already know pictures will be up soon!

I always liked driving with my windows out... not so much this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment