Sunday, December 19, 2010

And the word is... Update

To all my readers (both of you), I want to apologize for not posting anything in quite some time. You see, it was the end of the semester. What does that mean? Final Exams
*booo*hissss*

Can you please explain to me how I can study 6-8 hours for a multiple choice exam and still manage to get a 70%? Please? Because that's what happened in my History of Rock and Roll. I don't know how that happened. For my first exam in this class, I studied 2-4 hours and got an 80%. Hmmm I think I should study more. So, for the next test, I studied 4-6 hours, which yielded..... a 74%. What the friggin heck? I REALLY will study a lot for the final! Yeah.... 6-8 hours later, a 70%. That's okay... my Gender in Society final was amazing.

I breezed through about 8-12 essays in just about an hour and a half. No problem! I am pretty sure I will match my midterm grade of a 96%, if not beat it. Tie that in with a decent Greek Art exam and a fairly decent Medieval India exam, and no final in EnviSci? Heck yeah. The semester is DONE DONE DONE!

We're probably looking at 2 A's and 3 B's. Not quite my best work, but it'll do!

So needless to say, I was on cloud 9... no. Cloud freakin' number 19! ......then I got a call from home.

My granny (see blog post about Kentucky Pie) was being rushed to the hospital. After a night full of a lot of tests and no sleeping, they told us her aorta had torn. Now, if you don't know what the aorta is, check out some basic information and a diagram here. If you do already know, then you know just how serious this can be. Unfortunately, my family has experience with it, too. In the past decade, my uncle and aunt both died of this same type of trauma. Marvin only in his 40's and Gloria in her 50's. So here lies 80-something year-old Granny with a torn aorta.

She was sedated earlier and they did everything they could to reduce movement and control her blood pressure. Now, we wait. We wait and we pray that the tear begins to heal and that she can pull through this thing.

It pretty much stinks. Did I mention that last week was the anniversary of my aunt's passing and in just about 3 weeks is the anniversary of my uncle's? Yeah.

So there it is.... my update. This is literally my life now and for the past two weeks. It's been a roller coaster. Did you know I get motion sickness? (that means I hate roller coasters....both figuratively and literally.)

So if you could, take 30 seconds and say a holiday prayer for a holiday miracle. I need my Granny a little longer.


*My apologies for not having a more positve update*

No comments:

Post a Comment